Experience one of the safest gay destinations in Europe through this walk in Athens
Food & Drink
Athens is a place with a long history of sexual liberalism and offers a wide range of choices for its LGBTQ communities to meet, interact and party.
Greece is also considered by many the birthplace of gay culture, as homosexual relationships were quite common in ancient Greece. Today, it follows the European standards and is considered a very safe place for gay communities, with a wide pool of gay bars, cafes and restaurants.
- Explore the vivid gay scene of Athens by night
- Visit carefully selected bars, nightclubs and restaurants
- Interact with locals
- Gain an insight into Greek gay culture
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 3-hour private walk including:
- Hotel pick up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Visit up to 3 LGBT-friendly establishments
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” tour leader
- All taxes
- Hotel drop-off
- Entry fees to any establishment
- Personal expenses
The Acropolis and the other archeological sites, along with the vibrant food scene of Athens have, so far, been the obvious reasons for visiting this centuries-old city. What most people do not know is that Athens also has a unique nightlife culture and a budding gay community that has come to enrich the overall bar and restaurant scene.
During this 3-hour tour you will have the opportunity to visit different places which are focal points in the city’s gay life and get to meet local people as well as other travelers.
Your specialized guide will pick you up from your accommodation and then, based on your wishes, will take you on a fun walking tour that can include different bars and/or food destinations that are preferred by the gay community. You will be introduced to the gay-friendly neighborhoods and their hot-spots, so that you can re-visit them later on your own.
Our itinerary has been designed to include a cafeteria/bar that operates all day for coffee and/or snacks; a visit to some of Gazi neighborhood’s colorful, vibrant bars; an atmospheric tavern, favored by gay patrons; a visit to Athens’ most popular and well-run Sauna.
Bear in mind that, since our tours are run on an exclusively private basis, the whole itinerary is open for customization on the way – any or all of the stops we suggest are entirely optional; just exploit our specialized guide’s flexibility and deep knowledge of our city’s gay scene.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” tour leaders are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable “Insider” tour leader that matches your profile and interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..