Athens inspires art! An entertaining painting activity for our little friends that will always be remembered
Arts & Events
A truly unique activity for all the aspiring young artists! Arts were an integral part of ancient Athenian life. From Drama to Poetry and Pottery to Sculpting, Athenians gave huge importance to the value of exercising their spirit as well as their body. Exercise your skills and prove your artistic flair by painting one of the so-called wonders of the Ancient world.
- Join a unique, private artistic activity designed for children
- Create your own souvenir: a painting of the Parthenon
- Learn painting techniques by a professional artist
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Parthenon
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 3-hour private activity including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- Private services of a child-friendly “Insider” artist
- All necessary materials and props for the activity
- All taxes
- Visit, guided tour and entry fees to any archaeological site
- Hotel drop-off
- Personal expenses
You will go to Pnyx Hill with our specialized “Insider” painter, so that you have a clear view of the Parthenon. Then, after a short workshop on drawing and painting techniques, you will let your imagination and creativity blossom unbridled!
Learn about the combination of colors, how to create perspective in your drawings and admire the architectural masterpiece of the Parthenon. We will provide you with a canvas and all the required materials for an unforgettable day, that will let you create your own souvenir to take back home with you.
One of the most well-known monuments in the world and symbol of ancient Greece, the Parthenon was built between 447-432 BC as a dedication to the Goddess Athina. The shrine inside once housed a 12 meter high wooden statue of the goddess, adorned with ivory and gold. Designed by the sculptor Phidias and constructed by the architects Iktinos and Kallicrates, the marble temple consists of 46 outer and 19 inner tapered Doric columns, and contains no straight lines or angles, a feat of Greek architecture. During its long and varied history, it was alternatively used as a temple, treasury, church, mosque and a gunpowder storage facility.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Since this activity includes walking, you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” tour leaders are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable “Insider” artist that matches your profile and interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..