The implications of the financial crisis for the Greek society; an insight into the social and political background which the international media did not reveal
A tour through the city center, perfectly designed to describe the modern Greek political and financial scene. Learn about the road to the financial crisis and the constant political changes in the country.
- Stroll through the modern city
- Witness the contrasts between the neighboring areas of Kolonaki and Exarchia
- Visit the gardens of the Athens Polytechnic School
- Visit Syntagma square
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 4-hour private tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (walking)
- Coffee or refreshment
- Private services of a specialized state-licensed guide
- All taxes
- Hotel drop-off
- Visit, guided tour and entry fees to any archaeological site
- Personal expenses
A specialized state-licensed “Insider” guide will walk you through the most important landmarks of the demonstrations which have taken place in Athens over the past years and the indelible marks they have left on the city and the everyday life of the Athenians.
The Greek Parliament, the torched Marfin bank, Kolonaki area, Exarchia area and the National Polytechnic School are just some of the places this walking tour will take you through. A tour to help you understand the implications of austerity measures on Greek society.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” guides are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always select the most suitable state-licensed “Insider” guide who matches your profile and interests
Modern Politics Private Tour
Very interesting tour!
"I wanted to learn more about Greece's political and economic situation and its modern history. George provided great information and some very interesting sites. As a bonus, he showed me some great coffee shops and taught me how to drink Greek coffee properly. I highly recommend this opportunity to learn about modern Greece."