This experience follows on the footsteps of the pilgrims from all over the ancient world on their way to Delphi and Korikion Andron
A hiking experience over two days which will provide many highlights of culture and nature reviving this 3000-year-old route from the ancient port of Kirra up to Korikion Andron Cave on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
Accompanied by your certified "Insider" mountain guide you will behold fantastic landscapes, and tread on the footsteps of ancient travelers, crossing through the largest continuous olive grove in Greece in Amfissa and climbing up the lushly forested foothills of the mountain.
Furthermore, an exciting tour by a state-licensed guide will unveil to you the stunning archaeological site of Delphi.
- Walk along the ancient path from Kirra to Delphi
- Visit the Byzantine chapel of ‘Ai-Giorgis’
- Follow tranquil forest tracks through Mt. Parnassus
- Visit 2 famous settlements
- Learn about the richness of the history and mythology of this land
A 2-day private excursion and hiking experience including
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury vehicle
- Refreshment & snack basket in vehicle
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” driver
- Private services of a certified "Insider" mountain guide
- 2-hour Delphi archeological site and museum guided tour by a state-licensed guide
- 4* or Boutique Hotel accommodation
- All taxes
- Entry fees to Archeological site(s)
- Cost of meals
- Personal expenses
Today’s journey begins from your accommodation in Athens. After a 2.5-hour drive you will arrive at the starting point of the path which pilgrims from all over the ancient world followed on their way to worship Apollo at Delphi and consult with Pythia, the famous oracle widely known for her prophecies.
Your hike begins at the medieval coastal village of Kirra with its wondrous lighthouse. The trail leads through lush olive groves, offering beautiful views to the Plistos Valley, climbing up to the Kressean Plateau on a winding paved path to reach the Byzantine chapel of ‘Ai Giorgis’ situated in the village of Chrisso. Your journey continues through the village following the banks of the Mornos Canal leading towards the town of Delphi.
In the morning you will visit the UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Site of Delphi.
After the guided tour you will hike up from Delphi on the cobbled trail, ‘Skala’ which winds around the town of Delphi through a small ravine to the summer camp settlement of ‘Kroki’ where you will quench your thirst at the drinking-water fountain before you move on.
You will continue through the pine-covered foothills of Mount Parnassus, the home of poetry, literature and learning, to enter the cave of Korikion Andron. This cave was dedicated to Apollo and the Nine Muses who lived there and gave artists and thinkers creative inspiration.
Following tranquil forest paths you will cross a few meadows before you reach the settlement of Livadi. Your hike will end by satisfying your hunger at a local tavern, savoring traditional Greek dishes.
Notes & Clarifications
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
What makes us different?
- We offer only private trips. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our trips can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our trips are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insider” tour leaders are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable certified "Insider" mountain guide tour leader who fits your interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..