Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique vehicle panoramic sightseeing tour!
Visit the National Archaeological Museum, which is considered to be one of the greatest museums in the world. Its abundant collections, with more than 20,000 exhibits, provide a panorama of the Greek civilization from the beginnings of Prehistory to Late Antiquity.
- Visit one of the greatest museums in the world
- Admire ancient exhibits from prehistoric times
- Enjoy a private guided tour with an experienced state-licensed guide
- View the best landmarks of Athens in a private vehicle
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 3-hour private guided tour including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (vehicle)
- 2-hour guided tour to the National Archeological Museum
- 1-hour panoramic vehicle city tour
- Private services of a state-licensed "insider" guide
- All taxes
- Entry fees
- Personal expenses
Your knowledgeable state-licensed “Insider” guide will take you through the numerous galleries, revealing all the stories that lie beneath the artifacts.
You will find small treasures from the glorious past, including sculptures, jewelry, pottery and the incredible Antikythera Device, a 2000 year-old mechanism found in a shipwreck, which is considered the first computer in human history.
You will also enjoy a vehicle tour, passing by more distant but equally important sites of the city, such as the Panathenaic Stadium, Zappeion, the monument of the Unknown Soldier and the changing of the guards.
The only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, the Panathenaic Stadium or Kallimarmaro as it is known, is one of the main historic attractions of Athens. Originally built in 330 BC to host the Panathenaic Games, a religious and athletic festival held every 4 years in honor of the goddess Athena, it was rebuilt in marble by Herodus Atticus in 144 AD and had a capacity of 50,000 seats. After the 4th century AD, it was largely abandoned until 1869 when it was excavated and hosted the Zappas Olympics in 1870 and 1875, and again the Olympic Games of 1896 and 2004. The Olympic flame travels from the ancient site of Olympia all over Greece before arriving at the Stadium for the official handover to the new Olympic host country. This is also the finishing point of the annual Athens Classic Marathon.
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The monument honoring Greek soldiers who died in battle was unveiled on March 25, 1932, and it is located in front of the Parliament on Syntagma Square. The sculpture, set in the center of a wall flanked by two staircases, shows a warrior lying on the ground, holding a shield in his hand and wearing a an Ancient Greek-style helmet. The position of the figure suggests he is living his last moments or is ready to rise at any moment. To the left and right of the sculpture are phrases from Thucydides, while above it one reads “ΕΙΣ ΑΦΑΝΗ ΣΤΡΑΤΙΩΤΗ”(To an Unknown Soldier.) Names of battles where Greeks lost their lives are written both around the sculpture and on the stairs on either side. An eternal flame burns in front and the tomb is guarded by the elite guard of Evzones.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our state-licensed “Insider” guides are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always select the most suitable state-licensed “Insider” guide who matches your profile and interests
Archeological Museum & Athens City Guided tour
Whirlwind tour of Athens
We had 2 nights and one day in Athens and thanks to Athens by Insiders we ate at fantastic restaurants at night and made the most of our Athens in 24hrs experience with a personalised tour of the city. Different guides handled different aspects. From flavours and tastes to dusty ruins and funky neighbourhoods, we managed to touch on it all. The guides were passionate about their subject matter, well informed and a pleasure to spend a day walking the streets of Athens with. A truly worthwhile and fantastic experience
Archeological Museum & Athens City Guided tour
An archaeological tour of Greece without stress
This was the first tour company that seemed interested in providing transport, accommodation and guides (where necessary) for our long planned tour of all the major archaeological sites of mainland Greece. The others seemed determined to take us where they thought we should go. Our decision to use this firm was fortuitous since they provided us with a hassle free tour over 2 weeks of all the places we wanted to see. The accommodation was superior whenever it was available and the local restaurants they introduced us to provided memorable meals. We would recommend this firm without reservation to others who a seeking a similiar Greek experience.The owners Alex and Anthia were a find.