Enjoy an experience that has it all: visits to important archeological sites, and an in-depth exploration of Greece's gastronomy and cultural heritage in Athens and Mainland
Sea & Sun
Venture into a 5-day journey through history and explore the ancient wonders of one of the world’s oldest cities, Athens.
Step back in time and grasp the rich history of this ancient metropolis by visiting one of the world’s most famous monuments, the Acropolis with its magnificent structures and its exquisite Museum.
Grab a slice of Greek culture and its intriguing cuisine and savor mouth-watering delicacies on an unforgettable food walk. Embark on a wine tasting experience and discover the unique domestic grape varieties and the secrets of wine making.
Be captivated by the unspoiled mainland of Greece and get lost in time by visiting the ‘navel of Earth’, Delphi. Visit the picturesque seaside town of Galaxidi to admire the amazing landscapes, enjoy intricate flavors and meet friendly locals.
- Admire Greece’s most significant landmarks
- City orientation walk through Athens and its unique neighborhoods
- Flavors of Athens food tasting walk in the city’s most delicious food stores
- Wine Tasting experience in a unique wine bar in the city of Athens
- Exclusive Shopping experience in Athens authentic neighborhoods
- Guided tour to the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum
- Full-day excursion to the ‘navel of the earth’, Delphi and visit to the seaside village of Galaxidi
A 5-day historical and cultural journey including:
- Accommodation in 4* or Boutique Hotel
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the trip
- All transfers with private luxury vehicle (no taxi)
- Private guided tour by state-licensed guide at the Acropolis & New Acropolis Museum
- Full-day Delphi and Galaxidi excursion and private guided tour by state-licensed guide at Delphi
- Entry fees to the archeological sites
- 4-hour food walk with many tastings
- 4-hour Athens orientation walk
- 3-hour Greek wine tasting
- 4-hour shopping experience
- All taxes
Day 1: Arrival
Upon your arrival our English-speaking driver will welcome you and transfer you to your Athens accommodation in the comfort of a luxury vehicle. After you have checked in and freshened up you can either indulge in your first Greek meal at your hotel’s restaurant or, if you wish, your Insider travel adviser can take you on an one-hour stroll so as to get your bearings, attend to any practical matters you may need and explain how the days ahead of you are going to unfold. The rest of your day is free to stretch your legs and get prepared for your upcoming experiences.
Day 2: Athens
Make sure not to have a big breakfast since your Flavors of Athens food tasting walk will take you through traditional neighborhoods where you will discover –through your senses- all about Greek gastronomy.
Once you’ve had some rest, in the evening your Insider tour leader will take you on a journey through the modern city of Athens, on our Athens Orientation walk.
After you have familiarized yourself with the main aspects of the city, the walk will lead you to one of the most unique wine bars in the center of Athens, in order to enjoy the tastes and aromas of the finest Greek wines and practice your wine-tasting skills on our Wine Tasting experience.
Day 3: Athens
Get prepared for a journey back in time. Your second day is dedicated to the exploration of Athens’ most impressive monument and museum. Your guided tour will begin with an ascent to the top of the sacred rock of the Acropolis to be confronted by one of the world’s most important structures in history, the Parthenon.
After learning many interesting facts about this unique temple and its surroundings, you will be ready to extend your perspective of ancient Athens by visiting the New Acropolis Museum, a world-renowned attraction.
You will then head to the old quarter of the city to marvel at the Plaka neighborhood with its picturesque cobbled streets and quaint restored buildings, filled with a plethora of distinctive shops, all-day coffee shops and traditional restaurants.
Return to your accommodation for some relaxation time or continue wandering in the city that never sleeps. Feel free to ask your Insider guide for recommendations.
Day 4: Delphi
Enjoy your breakfast at your accommodation and be prepared for your departure to "the center of the world", Delphi. After a spectacular drive across the countryside admiring imposing landscapes you will reach the most important archeological site of Greece, Delphi.
Once you have enjoyed your guided tour through the exquisite archeological site and the museum of Delphi, you will then drive to the pretty seaside village of Galaxidi. Graced with two small harbors, scenic narrow cobblestone streets and well-preserved stone mansions, it calls for a leisurely stroll.
Return to Athens where you will be free to enjoy all that this incredible city has to offer on your own. Overnight stay in Athens.
Day 5: Depart Athens
On your final day in Athens you will have the opportunity to indulge in an exclusive Shopping experience, during which you will have the opportunity to explore the city’s most exclusive shops, to meet the people behind the windows, appreciate the uniqueness of the items we discover, and -if you decide to shop- to enjoy special discounts.
Finally, your epic journey has come to an end. It’s time to bid your newly-made friends farewell and head to the airport for your trip back home.
Notes & Clarifications
- For pricing and the fully detailed itinerary and further information please send us an inquiry
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” tour leaders are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable “Insider” tour leader that matches your profile and interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..