Immerse yourself in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea and watch the sun set from the majestic Temple of Poseidon
Sea & Sun
A private half-day excursion, just two hours away from the Athens city center, that will bring you closer to the God of the sea, Poseidon and the element of water; a place where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea.
- Admire the unique sunset from Sounio Temple
- Take in stunning views
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon
- Fun and knowledgeable Insider guide
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 5-hour private excursion including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury car or mini van
- Refreshments & snack basket in vehicle
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” driver
- All taxes
- Guided tour to the archaeological site
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site
- Personal expenses
- Cost of lunch
Your private tour will start from Athens to enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching the sun set from the temple of Poseidon. The drive along the impressive coastline of Attica is a beautiful experience on its own with amazing views and many opportunities to immerse ourselves into Poseidon’s kingdom.
When you reach the temple at Sounio you will have time to explore the archaeological site and marvel at the the serene scenery and the sun sinking below the surface of the azure waters of the Aegean.
After you have marveled the Temple of Poseidon and the Aegean Sea you can either visit the small, historic port-town of Lavrio to enjoy a delicious dinner of locally caught seafood or enjoy a fine dinner at a restaurant overlooking the Temple of Poseidon.
Once our appetites have been satisfied we will start our journey back to Athens.
Suggested starting time: Departure times change depending on the time of the year. Pick up time from your local accommodation is set approximately 2 hours before sunset. Exact starting time can be decided upon booking.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Don’t forget your hat, sun-block and a light cardigan
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..