A sense-provoking walk with insights into Greek gastronomy and the local food culture
Food & Drink
Learn all about the tastes Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory local delicacies and drinks with our food-wise guide.
Discover small shops, explore the city’s central food market and find out for yourself what the Greek food culture is really like.
- Enjoy a walk in the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Visit Athens central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies-enough to replace lunch
- Learn about the Greek food culture and gastronomy
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 4-hour private walk including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Visits to local food establishments
- Sampling of local beverages and delicacies – enough to replace lunch
- Private services of a food-wise guide
- All taxes
- Visit, guided tour, and entry fees to any archeological site
- Personal expenses
For the average resident of Athens food is much more than simple sustenance. It is a hobby, a topic of conversation, an endless passion.
During our food walk you will get to taste the treats which Athenians enjoy as part of their daily life, as well as gain insights into the development of our cooking methods, our recipes and culinary traditions.
Indulge in mouth-watering sweet and savory delicacies, enough to replace lunch. You will get acquainted with traditional recipes, emblematic products such as olives, artisan pies
, Greek Souvlaki
, charcuterie and cheeses, dry fruits and nuts, Greek coffee
, discovering appetizing and unforgettable tastes. You will also enjoy one of Greece’s most famous beverages, the freshly-ground Greek coffee.
You will be visiting dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialized food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary experience in Athens would not be complete without a visit to the city’s vibrant central food market where local vendors exhibit their produce from across the country.
With this sense-provoking walk you will discover all of the above with our friendly and knowledgeable food-wise guide. Furthermore, we can assist you with buying whatever tasty souvenirs you may want to take back home.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Please note that on Sundays and on Public Holidays some elements of the tour might be unavailable (i.e. the central food market)
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” guides are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always select the most suitable “Insider” guide who matches your profile and interests
Flavors of Athens
Fabulous food tour of Athens
I had a wonderful time exploring Athens food with Panos - we spent about 4 hours wandering through different neighborhoods and sampling many different types of Greek and Middle Eastern food. Everything was delicious [...]Read More
Flavors of Athens Food-Tasting Walk
Nous avons fait une tournée gastronomique d'Athènes avec George et c'était fantastique. Cela a duré environ 5 à 6 heures et c'était une variété d'aliments tellement amusante que l'on pouvait les savourer dans plusieurs contextes [...]
Flavours Of Athens
Athens Through A Chef’s Eyes
We feel very fortunate to experience this Monday morning tour by George, an experienced chef. Five interesting and delicious hours visiting carefully selected shops, restaurants and the main market [...]
Flavors Of Athens
Fantastic Food Tour
Today we had the most amazing food tour I have yet to experience. Iaonnis Ninos was professional, engaging guide we could have asked for. He took us to his local favorite shops, markets, restaurants [...]
Flavors of Athens
Loved this tour! Fabulous guide and wonderful food. If you take this tour (and you should) be sure to go hungry! The guide was wonderful and will take you to the best places for the best Greek food - places you wouldn’t find unless you were a native
Flavors of Athens
Absolutely loved! Yannis Ninos was the BEST
The flavors of Athens tour has been the best tour I’ve ever been on in a city. The food was out of this world and our guide, yannis ninos, had the best recommendations [...]
Flavors of Athens
Wonderful Flavors of Athens Food Tour!
We just completed a Flavor of Athens Food Tour with 6 couples who we are very close friends. Our group has varied tastes in food and drink and this tour exceeded all of our expectations! [...]