A sense-provoking experience with insights into Greek gastronomy and the local food culture
Food & Drink
During this private afternoon food walk you will not only explore the streets of Athens but you will also get to taste appetizing treats that locals enjoy as part of their daily routine. You will gain insights into the development of our cooking methods, recipes and culinary traditions.
- Enjoy a private walking experience in the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies
- Learn about the local food culture and gastronomy
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 4-hour private walk including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- Visits to local food establishments
- Sampling of local beverages and delicacies
- Private services of a specialized ‘Insider’ tour leader
- All taxes
- Visit, guided tour and entry fees to any archaeological site
- Hotel drop-off
- Personal expenses
You will be visiting dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialty food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary experience would not be complete without a tasting of the local spirits, beers, and wine all with their accompanying food pairings.
Enjoy the beauty of Athens by night and get a taste of the city’s vibrant nightlife. Learn all about the tastes that Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory treats with your specialized food-wise “Insider” tour leader.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our “Insiders” tour leaders are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable “Insider” tour leader that matches your profile and interests
Afternoon Flavors of Athens Food-Tasting Walk
Our guide, George Madianos, was fantastic. We learned a ton and enjoyed a lot of great food and drink. Here's a perfect day in Athens: do an Acropolis tour in the morning; then do the food tour with George right afterwards. Best way to experience everything Athens has to offer.Read more