An exciting 4-hour private walking tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum!
In the company of your state-licensed Insider Guide, you will retrace historical footsteps, lose yourself in the richness of age-old Greek civilization and explore the city’s impressive archeological heritage.
Step back in time and reflect on the splendor, power and wealth of this capital city, and admire from up close the unique architectural and artistic masterpieces of timeless Greece.
- Admire the city’s most significant landmarks
- Visit two of the most important places of archeological interest of Athens, the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- Enjoy a guided tour with an experienced state-licensed guide
- Discover all about the history of this ancient city
- Take in stunning panoramic views
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 4-hour private guided walking tour including:
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis Museum
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- English-speaking state-licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to Archeological sites
- Hotel drop-off
- Personal expenses
You will meet and greet with your specialized state-licensed Insider guide and embark on an historic journey, beginning with a leisurely stroll through the very center of the old city, before reaching the Acropolis.
From there your private guided walking tour will start, dedicated to the exploration of Athens’ most impressive site. After ascending to the top of the sacred rock of the Acropolis you will be confronted by one of the most important structures in world history – the Parthenon. This magnificent monument, dedicated to goddess Athena (the patron of the city), will reveal the magnitude of the rich heritage of Athens and the cultural achievements of the Greek civilization of the Golden Age. Enjoy the subtlety of its design and its glorious surrounding monuments before taking in the impressive panorama of the old metropolis and the Argo-Saronic gulf.
After you’ve ticked off the Parthenon from your must-see list, you will extend your perspective of ancient Athens by visiting the New Acropolis Museum, which has become a renowned attraction worldwide with every floor bursting with exquisite artifacts, sculptures and antiquities. If you feel you need a break, head to the museum café, which offers excellent coffee, and admire the unique view of the beauty of Athens and the Parthenon.
Save yourself the stress and worry and let us show you the city’s most important landmarks as well as amazing hidden treasures which lie off the beaten path.
Return to your hotel OR continue your exploration of the city. Feel free to ask your guide for recommendations in order to perfect your day in Athens.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- The tour is available on a private basis which allows further customization
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our state-licensed “Insider” guides are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best state-licensed “Insider” guide to fit your interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..