Enjoy a half-day private excursion to Marathon
Famous for the “Marathon Battle” that took place in 490 B.C, Marathonas is one of the most beautiful places in Attica. The drive along the impressive coastline of Attica is a beautiful experience on its own with gardens, vineyards, olive groves and wild vegetation.
- Enjoy a private guided tour of the archeological site of Marathon
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Marathon Lake and its surroundings
- Admire the Marathon Tomb
- Learn the story of the Marathon Battle
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 5-hour private excursion including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (vehicle)
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Refreshment & snack basket in vehicle
- 2-hour private guided tour to Marathonas
- Private services of a state-licensed guide for the entire excursion
- Private services of a specialized ‘Insider’ driver
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site
- Cost of lunch
Famous for the “Marathon Battle” that took place in 490 B.C, Marathonas is one of the most beautiful places in Attica. The drive along the impressive coastline of Attica is a beautiful experience on its own with gardens, vineyards, olive groves and wild vegetation. The same is true for the artificial Marathonas Lake with the impressive marble dam. In the surrounding area you can find many beautiful beaches for swimming and sunbathing.
You will first stop to admire the Marathon Tomb, the final resting place of the 192 soldiers who died in the ancient Battle of Marathon. Your guide will provide information about this historically significant story, as well as the symbolism of the Olympic Marathon race. Then you will visit the archeological museum of Marathonas, where you will admire findings dating back from the Neolithic Era and up to the 2nd century A.D.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Don’t forget your hat, sun-block and a light cardigan
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
This tour doesn't have any reviews yet..