Get an authentic taste of ancient Greek gastronomy
Food & Drink
Get an authentic taste of ancient Greece in this special food tour that will travel you in the gastronomical wisdom of ancient times through flavors that have survived over thousands of years.
- Enjoy a private walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Visit the city’s central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Gain an insight into ancient Greek gastronomy
- Taste unique flavors that survive since antiquity
Please note that all our tours are Private, thus some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date please use the “send inquiry” form.
A 4-hour private walk including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- Sampling of local beverages and delicacies
- Private services of a food wise “Insider” tour leader
- All taxes
- Hotel drop-off
- Visit, guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
- Personal expenses
The ancient Greek nutrition was characterized by its balance, as it included a rich variety of grains, fruits, vegetables and meat. Try our unique food tour and explore the streets of Athens while tasting appetizing treats that ancient Greeks used to enjoy.
In the company of our specialized food-wise guide, you will learn a lot about the ancient Greek nutrition standards and the social and philosophical ideas that underlined them. You will taste flavors that have been around for thousands of years, while exploring the vibrant Athenian streets.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish to include a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- A lunch break can be included in your itinerary; however the cost of it needs to be covered by you
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Not available on Sundays & National Holidays
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Ancient Greek flavors
Food tour and cooking class
We had a wonderful day touring the food market with George and learning about the selection process for meats and fishes. We followed the tour with a hands on cooking experience in a private home [...]